I noticed some zinnias in my garden growing straight and tall and some bending at right angles, scraping the ground. So, with the blunt end of a hatchet, I pounded some stakes into the ground next to the bent zinnias and fastened them with strips of mesh from an onion bag.
Shortly after pounding, staking and tying, I sat on the deck to survey my handy work. The bloom that just moments ago was partially buried in dirt was now, with a little support, beaming in the light.
The next morning, I went into the yard to do my morning practice. And again, there was the supported zinnia…this time the sun kissing it from the front. It’s amazing how one can shine with a little support.